This award was given to me by my good friend, Laurie. I hoped to get this posted sooner but things were really hectic getting my contest entry completed. Thank-you so much for this award. I gratefully accept this from you. Please check out Laurie’s blog, Conversations With a Cardinal, as one of my links. I was asked to post 10 things that people may not know about me. Here it goes.
1. I was grew up on a farm. We had chickens, cows, pigs, ducks, and more. My mom always milked the cows. I regret never having the chance to experience that.
2. I have been a teacher for 31 years now. I have taught Pre-K, K, 1st, 2nd, and 4th grades. I have taught self-contained classes and departmentalized classes, but I have always taught reading.
3. My husband and I were in a movie filmed in Louisiana. We were extras dancing at a festival. We danced about 14 hours for a minute or two on-screen.
4. I have no brothers and my husband had no brothers. We had no boys. Even our two dogs were female.
5. I used to write a teacher advice column for a local newspaper. It was called “Ask A Teacher.” It was sort of a Dear Abby style column except it was for parents to ask questions of a teacher.
6.I won Teacher of the Year for my campus a few years ago and then won Elementary Teacher of the Year for my district. That was a nice surprise.
7. I won my first writing award in 7th grade for an entry entitled “The Purple Pumpkin”.
8 I drink Coca Cola to help me sleep at night when I am having trouble sleeping.
9. I have a real fear of closed in spaces.
10.I’ve always secretly wanted to be a public speaker.
Wow, that was hard! I am supposed to post 10 links to my favorite blogs. As I get to know more bloggers I will add their links.