Okay, I admit it, I have been quite negligent in keeping this blog updated. Since my last post, I have had quite a few changes/events in my life, both personal and professional. Like everyone else, there doesn’t seem to be enough hours in the day to get everything accomplished. I am going to try harder to add new posts. Which brings me to my reason for writing a post today.
I awoke this morning thinking how happy I was that 2011 was ending. I have had some very stressful events happen in my life. But then I looked at the proverbial cup half full way of viewing life and realized despite all those things there were many good things happen in 2011. First and foremost, I lived to see it all. That’s a reason to celebrate in and of itself. I am truly thankful. My first grandchild was born this year. She has added so much joy to my heart. It’s true what they say about grandchildren. It’s a type of love that is just the best. My second book was published this year. This book was written by answering a call. It will always be special to me. The reviews are good and I am still selling copies of the first book as well so that makes me happy. I still have a job. Even though sometimes that doesn’t seem like a good thing (especially when I hear the alarm going off so early in the morning), I know there are so many people in this country who wish they had a job to set an alarm for. In this economy, it’s something we can’t take for granted anymore. Lastly, I still have many friends and an awesome support system. That means so much to me.
I don’t usually make resolutions. I stopped long ago because I never kept them anyway. But this year I am going to do something different. It’s going to be a fresh start for me. I am going to get out of the state of limbo I have been in for over two years now and begin a life as a single person. I think that is the first time I have admitted those two words to myself. That’s because being married was the best thing ever and if I had it my way, it would have continued for decades longer. But God needed him back and now I realize I must move on. The memories will never be forgotten and will always be cherished. I know Randy would want it that way.
So I am claiming 2012 as the year of new beginnings. Here are the promises I pledge to myself:
- I am moving into a new place when my home sells. I don’t yet know where, but I’m not overly worried.
- After my house sells, I am taking a getaway vacation by myself to rejuvenate. I haven’t done that in my life, but there isn’t a better time to do it.
- I am going to start an adult romance Christian novel. I have had several people request that I write one, so I am going to give it a try.
- I am going to attend at least one writer’s conference this year. Those always keep me motivated.
- I am going to submit something to a publisher. I’m not sure yet what it will be, but I have the year to decide and write it.
- I am going to continue to put God first in everything I do, and do more in the area of service.
- I am going to be the best mother,”Gram”, and friend I can be.
Of course I should say I will lose weight, but those are the kinds of resolutions I never kept. I am going to work on my inner self this year and maybe, just maybe, the outer self will take shape(pun intended).
I plan to post a blog next year at this time ,checking off the plans I make today as completed.
Happy New Year everyone! May your 2012 be everything you hope it will be. God Bless!